As a realtor, success should be your main aim and goal. But the fact is that success is not something that you can achieve sitting at home doing nothing, success is something you have to work for. The truth is that it is not about how long you spend in the office, but how well you perform when you are there. When it comes to becoming successful in real estate, it’s about working smart.
In this post, we will discuss how you as a realtor can increase your productivity.
- Determine when you are most focused. You can’t be focused every hour of the day. So for you to get productive, you have to ascertain the time of the day when you are most focused. It could be right after you wake up, or in the middle of the night. If you are yet to determine what hour of the day you are most focused, you can spend a week paying attention to when you feel most focused. After you have determined when you feel most focused, you should set that time aside for your daily work that will impact your ability to close more deals.
- Most important tasks. Most times, we create unrealistic to do lists for ourselves. Instead of creating unrealistic to do lists, we should focus on creating most important tasks for yourself. You should create a list of what you want to achieve every day. That will lead you closer to your goals. Setting your most important tasks first is very important to increase your productivity.
- Start a morning routine. Starting a great morning routine is a perfect habit to boost productivity as a realtor. Your morning routine is something you should do every morning. A great morning routine is perfect for realtors who want to increase their productivity. Let’s get inspired by these morning routines of great people:
- Bill Gates. He spends an hour every morning walking on the treadmill while also watching instructional videos from the “Teaching Company”
- Arianna Huffington. She practices yoga every morning and spends some time setting up all her intentions for the day.
- Develop an evening routine. Developing an evening routine is also very important for productivity. You get to decide what your evening routine would be. However, here are some brilliant ideas on evening routines:
- Do something you enjoy. You have worked hard all day, so you can spend the evening doing something you love. Ex. spending time with friends or family.
- You can also use the night for planning and to review your schedule for the next day.
- You can also reflect at the end of your day by thinking about what went well and what could have gone better.
In the pay for performance world of real estate, you can’t afford to neglect ways to increase your productivity. Don’t skip your morning and evening routines. Not even on the weekends. Skipping your routines will hurt your productivity, and that is the last thing you need in such a competitive marketplace.